“All time” is a little loose. I am coming up on my 2-year anniversary of the blog in April. So today I sat down at took a look at my stats. There have been almost 53,000 views of my blog since its inception. Wow. I know that some of them may include automatic spammers, but most are not. It’s fun to take a look at what search terms people are using, where the referrals are coming from, and so forth.
Today, I’m going to give you my personal list of my Top 10 Favorite Blog Posts. It’s so different from what my stats register. I mean, my Kaese Spaetzle recipe is awesome, and has over 1000 hits. But certainly some of my readers may want to know what other good stuff they missed besides my recipes and restaurant review. So here goes:
1. Furniture Shopping – Part 1. A rant and rave, and comparison to shopping back in the States. The story ends rather well. And believe it or not, I have grown accustomed to many of the styles here.
2. Press “1” for English. My take on how and why societies seem to become undone by foreign speakers.
3. To Bake or Not to Bake. After just one month in the country, I attempt baking a cake. It was a hilarious roller coaster ride!
4. Repressed Anger?? Arrogance?! Turkish Drivers and Road Rage!! The title says it all.
5. Dear Abby, dear Abby, you won’t believe this . . . A true favorite! Answers to all of those searching my blog.
6. On Being Lucky – summing up my experience of how easy it is to be an expat in today’s world.
7. Making Friends – A story about how language is no barrier when it comes to making new friends.
8.Windows, Doorways, and Walkways of Bodrum. A pictorial of history in the modern city of Bodrum by the sea.
9. Community – a bittersweet story of how I became part of my neighborhood in memorializing the loss of two of its sons.
10. And here it is, that Spaetzle recipe you all have been waiting for!