Blogging is many things to many people. For me, it’s an outlet – a way to get things off my chest, to express my thoughts, and to be creative.
Yes, creative! I have always had a little arsty fartsy side to me. I like to draw, make things, build, paint, etc. Truly, nothing has ever come of these little hidden talents. They are mostly just for me.
But recently, another “virtual friend”, Claudia from A Seasonal Cook in Turkey, nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. What fun! I admit, the award holds no weight. But I love being recognized for my Kreativity!
I send a big thank you out to Claudia! She writes a gorgeous blog – and I do mean GORGEOUS! The basic platform is recipes – but ooh la la, the ingredients, the charm and wit, the PHOTOS! Great job Claudia!
I also want to thank Özlem from Ozlem’s Turkish Table. She passed the award to Claudia who passed it to me. Both are ab-fab blogs if you are looking for Turkish cuisine!
There are a few strings attached in graciously accepting this award. Here’s the
The Rules of Conduct for the Kreativ Blogger Award:
1. Thank the blogger who gave me the award and provide a link (as above).
2. List 7 interesting things about myself that my readers might find interesting.
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links, and let them know.
Getting down to the nitty gritty, here are 7 things about me:
- All Things Learning: Tony Gurr writes a nothing less than fabulous educational blog. Tony is one of my new “virtual friends.” I picture him as a South Philly “it’s gravy, not sauce” kind of guy. Of course, I made that up in another Kreativ part of my brain. Love the blog, Tony!
- Philly Chit Chat: I met HughE many many years ago. Hard to admit that since we are both so young. He was a paralegal with a passion for the Stars – Hollywood that is. After many years, I watched as he morphed from someone who could barely use a camera to someone who now graciously accepts the title of paparazzi. I thank him for keeping me informed of the comings and goings in Philadelphia!
- Always Well Within: I stumbled across this blog one day and Sandra picked me up. Always Well Within is about transforming your mind, opening your heart, and embracing the fullness of life. I try to check this one regularly. Sandra is uplifting and always provides food for thought.
- Inside Jay Dean’s Brain: This is another one that I stumbled across and really love. He provides hours of entertainment. Really fun if you are wondering what happened to so-and-so from that 1970’s sitcom . . .
- LegalWriting.Net Blog: I don’t read this one as much as I should. It’s a great way to practice the legal lingo and improve my skills as a Legal English instructor.
- Foodimentary: This is not just another recipe blog. Instead, he celebrates food everyday with fun facts and a history lesson. Did you know that in 1869 Charles Elmer Hires began selling his root beer in Philadelphia?
- Best Day of My Life So Far: I love this blog! For one, it comes from a Senior Center in Philadelphia. It is just a stone’s throw from my old home in the Gayborhood. Secondly, I love that seniors are getting out there, telling their stories. But I will admit I am being a little biased here. My sister is a volunteer at the Center. She is also a self-described “aspiring senior.” I have news for you Amy, I know when your birthday is. you reached your goal, baby!!
Congratulations to all of you! I hope you will accept the award and participate. No worries if you don’t. I am happy to be able to recommend your blogs as truly great reads!
I regret that I could not nominate all of my favorite expat/Turkish blogs. There are just too many of you that I love!