It’s hot here in Ankara, really hot. But that didn’t stop me from finding a great way to enjoy breakfast, other than the typical Turkish buffet-style (which is fabulous, but gets old sometimes.) This morning it was another “what’s in the house” kind of breakfast. I had all of these items in either my fridge or my garden (tomatoes and mint). Easy and fast to make! And even better, this salad can be served any time of day; breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Watermelon, Tomato & Feta Salad with Mint
- Watermelon (karpuz)
- Cherry Tomatoes – whole, sliced in half, or grilled on a shish kebob stick. (çeri domates – taze veya mangalda kızartılmış)
- Feta Cheese – whole in water is better then crumbled (beyaz peynir)
- Fresh mint (taze nane)
- Extra virgin olive oil (sızma zeytin yağ)
- Fresh ground black pepper (kara biber – taze öğütülmüş)
- The amount of any of the ingredients is not important. Add as much or as little as you want to taste.
- Cut watermelon into bite-sized pieces and place in serving bowl.
- Crumble feta and add.
- Add fresh cherry tomatoes either whole or halved. If you have time and the desire, grilling them first on a shish kebob stick would be fabulous!
- Gently chop the mint and add to salad.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil and add fresh ground pepper.
Eat and Enjoy! For breakfast, I served it with piping freshly baked biscuits! American-style biscuits are not sweet, but rather more of a flaky bread. Afiyet Olsun!
Leave a Reply