Please add your suggestions in the comments or email me at email@example.com.
English speaking doctors in Ankara recommended by other expats
General Surgeons & General Practice
- Dr Kadir Suat Arseven, Capital Medical Services, Nenehatun Caddesi No.81/4, Gaziosmanpasa. (312) 447 3760 or 446 1607.
- Dr. Baris Gursoyi, Cinnah Cad., laparoscopic surgery, bariatric surgery, and emergency surgery. Board certified in Turkey; USMLE step 1&2 certificate from USA
(Please note that Dr. Gursoyi contacted AIA directly, he has not yet been recommended by a fellow expat.)
Pediatricians & Pediatric Specialists
- Dr. Pinar in Umitkoy – “She has a private practice, takes insurance cards, does not give out medication like sweets and is kind. She will also see you on the weekend for no extra charge. My boys had asthma a lot a few years ago and she would see us anytime.”
- Prof. Dr. Omer Kalayci, Pediatric Allergy and Asthma Specialist, http://www.omerkalayci.com/, Cinnah cad. 65/3 Çankaya, Ph. 4414546
- Prof. Dr. Ercan Tutar, Pediatric Cardiologist, Tunali Hilmi Cad., Ph. 4282515
- Prof. Dr. Fatoş Yalcinkaya, Pediatric Nephrologist, Tunali Hilmi Cad.
- Dr. Hande Alp, “I am a Turkish American medical doctor who returned to Turkey after working in The States for 17 years. I did my pediatric training at the University of Chicago and my fellowship in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology at the Rush University in Chicago. I am board certified in Pediatrics and in Allergy. I have worked as a pediatrician as well as an allergist at the University of Chicago, Rush Presbyterian St. Lukes Hospital in Chicago, La Rabida Children’s Hospital in Chicago, St. Catherine Hospital in Indiana and Allergy & Asthma Associates in Houston. . . opened a Pediatric and Pediatric Allergy&Asthma Practice. I am fluent in English as well as Turkish. My contact information can be found at my web side at www.handealp.com
Orthopedic and Traumatology Surgeons
- Yrd. Doç. Dr. Orçun Şahin, Başkent University Hospital, M. Fevzi Cakmak Cad., 10.Sokak, No 45, Bahcelievler. 0312.212.6868/1352. Fully fluent in English.
- Dr. M. Hakan Ozsoy, Memorial hospital. “He speaks good english and that hospital is really good! He is also great doctor for sport injuries (my husband plays basketball in Ted Kolej club and this guy is their team doctor)!” A.P. Mobile: 05324247339
- Dentacure, Dr Yigit Aydoganli, Tunali Hilmi Cad 68/22,
- Dr. Beyzit Bagci, Bugday Sokak 6/33, Kavaklidere (Tel. 426-7348)
- MedDis on Borazon Sokak just off of Arjantin
- Prof. Dr. Coşkun Baran. Guniz sok 29/8 – right off of Tunali Hilmi. (Turn up the Turunç Restaurant street and I believe it is the first street to the left.) phone no. 467 4647 , email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Guven Ozen. Kehribar Sok. 18/1,near the Mesa complex on Koza Sok. GOP. email@example.com. “He has spent some time in the US studying and doing dentistry. Speaks excellent English and has the latest equipment. Based upon my 3year old grandson he is excellent with kids. He also has an orthodontist who works with him when required.” E.B.
- Dr. Binnur Torgay – Tunalı Cad. 4681015 Buğday Sok. 6/22 1.floor
- Oguzhan Sungur (426 77 51) on Sili Meydani
Child Development and Psychologists
- Prof.Dr.Runa Uslu – http://www.cocukergenpsikiyatrisi.com/, Cinnah Cad. 52/6, Telefon:(312) 442 55 66, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof.Dr.İlgi Ertem, Ankara University, http://email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kadir Arseven, CMS Partners, 03124461607, 05357901370
- SASCentre, Sensory Activation Solutions Center, http://tr.sascentre.com/contact
Tel: 0312 236 65 65 / 0312 236 65 69, E-mail: email@example.com, The speak Turkish, English, Dutch, Polish, and a little French and German. They work primarily with children helping them to overcome difficulties such as Sensory issues, learning difficulties, adhd, dyslexia and behavioural issues. Address: Mutlukent Mahallesi 2010 Sokak, No: 62, Beysukent. The web address for now is www.sascentre.com (will change in the next months). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gulsum Gencay, Child Development Expert, Office of Dr. Ertugrul Guler, Nenehatun Cad. No. 110, GOP, 03124462525
- Dr. Ferhunde Oktem, Hacettepe University
- METU Department of Psychology
- Madalyon Centre, http://www.madalyonklinik.com/tr/ulasim, Adres: Atatürk Bulvarı No: 229 Kavaklıdere, Telefon: 444 85 90, Faks: 0312 465 06 00, E-posta: email@example.com
Opthalmologists and Optometrists
- Prof. Dr. Cumhur Sener – Cinnah Caddesi, No. 96/4. He speaks English fluently. His telephone number is: 440.55 66.
- Prof. Dr. Pinar Aydin O’Dwyer – Tunalı Hilmi Caddesi, Bugday sokak 6/23 ; Phone 4661511 http://www.drpinaraydin.com/
- Dr. Hakan Turan, Iran Cad. 33/2. Tel: 468 84 95
- Dr Gamze Caglar. Fluent English and good German. “She is very thorough and makes sure all is covered and you understand all.” A.G. Cinnah Cad., Alacam Sokak 1/3, 0312 427 0076, 0532-441-8501.
- Suheyla Selvi-Budak, RN, MSN, USA licensed Advanced Registered Nurse and certified Lactation Consultant. Info on breast milk and breast feeding. firstname.lastname@example.org. 0 506-120-8478. (Please note that she has referred herself and has not yet been recommended by a fellow expat.)
- Prof. Deniz Kumbasar – Has a private practice but he also works at Ibni Sina.
- Mrs Sule Korkmaz from Guven Hastanesi.
- Dr. Hüseyin Bozbaş, at Güven Hospital, Paris Cad No 58. kavaklidere. Tel 4572525
- Prof. Dr. Kenan Ömürlü– TOBB ETU Hastanesi http://www.tobbetuhastanesi.com.tr/dr/kenan-omurlu
- Prof. Dr. Celal Kervancıoğlu – Cebeci Kalp Merkezi, http://www.turkiyedoktorlari.com/doktorlar/cerrahi-bilim/kalp-ve-damar-cerrahi-doktorlar%C4%B1/celal-kervanc%C4%B1o%C4%9Flu.html
- Dr Eralp Tutar
- Prof. Dr. Numan Numanoglu ,Pulmonary medicine and asthma specialist – TOBB ETU, Ph. 2929900
- Mr.Ugur Hindioglu – Koroglu Cad.
- Dr. Gulru Erdogan – Ph. 4466060, Uğur Mumcu Cad. No:63/7
- Prof. Dr. Murat Erdogan – Ph. 4466060, Uğur Mumcu Cad. No:63/7
Massage, Acupuncture & Alternative Medicine
- Luis at Olum, olummassage.wordpress.com/. Thai and oil massages. Speaks English and Spanish.
- Dr. Abdurrahim Gorur. Acupunture. Cinnah caddesi, 0312 438 2627. “I have had excellent results for my neck pain and headaches, my back pain and apparently the related knee problems. Once he treated my lower back, the knee problems . . . you should maybe try to go to your first appointment with a Turkish speaker. And beware, he is usually booked quite a bit so you might get your first appointment around a month or so later. . . he works on are allergies, herniated discs, some neurological conditions, and rheumatisms. He also does not accept patients whom he thinks he cannot cure after the medical control he performs on the first appointment. ” H.U.
- Readings, spiritual consultancy, Reiki healing and much more. Professionally trained in Reiki by Diane Stein, a highly acclaimed American Reiki Master located in Tampa, Florida. Studied in Tarot, Coffee and Rune readings, Moon rituals, Divine Feminine, protection against Psychic attacks, energy vampires, how to handle negative energy, ground and centering, and much more… Across Swiss Otel on Kisinev Caddesi, 727 sokak, Apt no 22/ 8. Email: email@example.com or phone: 0532-565-9811.
- (Formerly Jue Weijung’s practice) – Fiskiye Sok 17 / 6 GOP, Ankara. Tel: 0312 447 98 88. “A chiropractor from Georgia (the country) has taken over the practice of Jue Weijun (Chinese). I started going to him 2.5 years ago and have been very satisfied. I’d had a motorcycle accident in the States so I could barely walk when I came. Now I’m not even limping. Jue Weijun’s sister also does foot reflexology. She speaks English and they are very nice to work with. The treatment is quite different than American chiropractors but very effective.” D.G.
- Salih SALMANLI, Çetin Emeç Bulvarı, Öveçler 1332. sokak, 12/6, Dikmen, Çankaya, (0312)472- 7131
- Ibrahim at Fizyoform in Cukurambar . “He was reffered to me by TOBB hospital, worked wonders on my hip, and speaks fluent English.” A.K. 0507-305-4656. https://foursquare.com/v/fizyoform-ankara/52b56f0511d2d4112ed088db
Psychotherapy and Homeopathy
- Ferhan Oksuz, Educated in homeopathy and pyschology education in San Francisco. Assists adults and couples with depression, anxiety, substance abuse and addiction problems, cultural issues, transitions to foreign countries and cultures, domestic violence, trauma. Marriage, Family and Child Therapist (MFT) license from California. Also does Dr. Eric Pearl’s Reconnective Healing, an energy healing technique. www.inner-remedy.com. (415) 425-5632 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note that this is a self-referral and has not yet been recommended by a fellow expat.)
- Baskent Hospital – “I am writing to share an experience I had today with three hospitals in Ankara. . . My 2 1/2 year old son accidentally ate a couple of aspirins. As soon as we realized this, my husband and I immediately took him to the Emergency Room of Guven Hastanesi. When we arrived there, one of the nurses took my son’s temperature. After this, the doctor on call arrived. Unfortunately he didn’t speak any English. In addition to this, the translator does not work on Sundays. We tried to explain to him the emergency we had with gestures and he “told” us (with gestures too) that he didn’t know what to do! After this, he wrote on a piece of paper the name of another hospital where we had to go (Baskent Universite Hastanesi). In summary, at Guven Hastanesi they just took my son’s temperature and we stayed there more than one hour. We decided to go to TOBB hoping that the language would not be a problem. When we arrived there, they told us they don’t handle pediatric emergencies. Then, we arrived at Baskent Universite Hastanesi and we had a great experience. The doctor in charge spoke fluent English. The first thing he did was gave a stomach flush to my son. Then he took all kind of exams to evaluate his condition. I totally recommend it! Please, if you have any kind of emergency, go directly to Baskent Hospital. It is very serious and professional. Thank God, my son’s accident was not very serious. If it had been, the time we wasted at Guven and TOBB could have changed the end of this story.” Gabriela.
- Dragon Sigorta – Güvenlik Cad No:47/C, A.Ayranci, Cankaya. Tel: 428 5882. English contact: Ms Aysun Akgun, Cell: 0535 605 0609 or Tel: 428 5882.
- MIR Sigorta – There’s a dedicated contact for English speakers (Seha Yukselturk 0554 625 8172). MIR has been in business for over 25 years in Ankara, they are located in Kizilay across from the Kizilay AVM. There are also two other English speakers in the office, however their site is only in Turkish right now. You can also submit questions on line in English as well. www.mirsigorta.com.tr, email@example.com. (Please note that she has referred herself and has not yet been recommended by a fellow expat.)
Links to my blog posts
on Turkish Healthcare:
- Turkish Health Insurance – REALLY???!!!
- Don’t Go Rogue! Problems with Translation
- We don’t do gloves!
- Observations on healthcare – US vs. Turkey