I found this lovely recipe over the summer and gave it a try. Loved it!!
- 1.5 lbs zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (spring/scallion)
- 1 small yellow onion, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped (the more the merrier)
- 4 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (Italian)
- 1/2 cup kasseri cheese, grated or 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3-4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- fresh ground pepper
- olive oil, for frying
Grate the zucchini and place in a colander; sprinkle with salt and let drain for 30 minutes; squeeze out moisture and pat with paper towels.
Place all ingredients except the zucchini in a bowl. Mix well. Add the zucchini and blend.
In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, pour in oil to a depth of ¼ inch; when the oil is hot, drop the batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into the pan (or form into small patties), allow space in between fritters; fry for 2 minutes on the fist side, then turn to brown on the second side for about 3 minutes; using a slotted spatula transfer to paper towels or newspaper to drain; repeat with remaining batter.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/kabak-m-cveri-turkish-zucchini-fritters-127269#ixzz1bEBSbH32
Try a baked version! Double the recipe and use a long rectangular pyrex-type dish. Spray or grease it. Bake at 375F for about 30-45 minutes or until nicely browned.
Leave a Reply